Pages

Background





Friday, August 28, 2009

End of First Week

Happy Friday! We had a busy day, as usual. We learned The Pledge of Allegiance in sign language, or at least introduced it. The students seemed really worn out today. I think the long school days have caught up and that they will really enjoy some down time this weekend. They were so tired after lunch that I let them lie down on the rug to listen to a story, but the wiggles and talking were making it impossible for anyone to hear. Plan B (a short video) saved the day!

Students make a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree and wanted so badly to take it home, but I asked if I could display them in the hall for a week before it goes home. We've been working for 30 minutes each day on writing, which is mostly drawing thus far. Today, students drew their favorite foods. I learned that several students really love potatoes, pizza, and many of them like fruit. I'm keeping their writing in a folder that I will share with you during conferences (or anytime you request to see it, for that matter).

Thanks to Mrs. Eliason for coming to help during afternoon centers. Everyone wants to work on the computers, but because we only have 2 student computers, some of the students haven't been able to use them yet. It amazes me that students who have never used a computer can get right on and work without any issues.

Thank you for sending me letters about your families. I have enjoyed reading them! I am looking forward to some quiet time this weekend. I hope all of you have a great weekend and I will see you on Monday!

No comments: