Pages

Background





Friday, August 26, 2011

We started something new today -- star student of the day. I put each student's name into a cup and each day I will choose a different name. Today I pulled out Joshua G.'s name. Joshua told the class that he has an older brother and sister and a pet hamster and that his favorite color is green. We counted how many letters are in his name. Each student wrote Joshua's name and drew a picture of him and some of the things they learned about him. Joshua took home all the pictures drawn by his classmates. For art today, I had written each student's name on white construction paper with white crayon so they couldn't see it. As they painted over it, their name was revealed. They finished a little faster than anticipated so we had time to watch a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom video. I read two of my favorite books to the class today, and I think they fell in love with them, too -- Bad Dog Marley by Josh Grogan and Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems.

No comments: