Pages

Background





Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Book orders are due today, either online or by returning the paper order form and payment to me. We've been counting up to the 100th day of school. Yesterday was the 90th day, so if I've done my calculations correctly, the 100th day will be Feb. 2. I've asked students, on that day, to bring a collection of 100 things. The items must be small so that we can display all the collections on a table in our room. Suggested items are paper clips, pennies, marbles, M & Ms, mini erasers, etc. Please don't feel that you have to go out and buy anything--cereal will do! The point is to reinforce counting by 1s, 2s, 5s, and 10s, so please encourage your child to count the items before bringing them to school.

If your child has not brought a box or container to make a house for our neighborhood, today is the day we will be using them. I'll post some pictures after school of the buildings they create.

No comments: