Pages

Background





Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sorry to disappoint you--no videos today. I will try to get a couple on here tomorrow. I'm busily getting ready for conferences. Don't forget that we get out at noon tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday so that I can meet with each of you.

I think the students are really beginning to put things together now. Today was the first day I saw more than one student independently sound out a word they wanted to spell. I gushed to them about how extremely proud this makes me. I am also proud that today they earned enough points to have another popcorn party! Those points are earned when another teacher or staff member notices their good behavior and comments on it--how quietly they go down the halls, how polite they are, etc. It's a big deal!

In sign language club, this class really stands out. They already know so many signs and can read finger spelling extremely well. I ended the day with a big smile on my face, thinking about how much they have learned in only 47 days. I bet you parents are beaming, too! Your kids are brilliant little stars.

No comments: