Pages

Background





Saturday, April 25, 2015

Cloudy with a Chance Stories

Students have been working hard on using adjectives in their writing. I read Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs to them. They made me laugh because they said the book was nothing like the movie. I think they were shocked to learn that the book came out first! I told them they would be writing a three course meal story, based on the book, and asked students to brainstorm adjectives for food. As a pre-writing activity, I set out 12 different posters, labeled with the noun I wanted them to describe.

I set a timer for 5 minutes, and asked the students to go from poster to poster, adding an adjective in front of the noun. When time was up, I read their great descriptions and then reminded them to put an adjective in front of the food that would be falling out of the sky in their story. The Voice Thread video is a sampling of their unedited work. Parents, your students are anxiously awaiting your comments.

No comments: