Pages

Background





Sunday, August 18, 2013

Welcome to Charlotte Choice Charter!!

Welcome, parents of Charlotte Choice Charter 4th/5th grade class! You can read about me and my background in my bio area, if you wish. I would love to get to know you, too. I invite you to leave me a message by commenting on this post. I have not updated my web page with 4th/5th grade expectations, but I will briefly mention them here. Students are expected to read for at least 30 minutes a night. I will send home a slightly different reading log each week, which asks for more than just a parent signature. Students will take this reading log home each night to record information and I will be checking their reading log each morning. A portion of your child's grade will be based on their daily reading requirement. Additionally, your child will have nightly math homework. I will provide links to helpful web sites and other resources to make it easier for you to assist with math homework. Homework is meant to provide practice, so it should be your child's work, not yours. Please don't take on too much responsibility! I am trying to ease into the school year by only requiring the reading homework for now. Stay tuned...

No comments: