Pages

Background





Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I extended the date for placing an order with Scholastic.com. I'm sorry--I should have just given you all the username and password in the first place. User/class name: dewskinder Password: bookorders. If you haven't ordered online before, it's simple. Go to the class web page, click on Scholastic Book Orders, type in the username and password. You can view the catalog in a couple of ways. I think it's easiest to view it in the same order shown in the paper catalog that was sent home. You have to use a credit card to pay, and the books will be sent to school along with any other orders I place.

If your child talks about having to exercise tonight, we've been reading stories about superheroes. I think their favorite so far is Super Dog, about a dog who is small enough to fit under the belly of the cat who bullies him. He exercises, builds his muscles, and becomes a hero who helps others. In their journals, students wrote about what super hero quality they would like to have. Students also colored a superhero costume for themselves and glued a picture of their face to it. I'm going to decorate the bulletin board with our kindergarten superheroes tomorrow. I'll post a picture.

No comments: