Pages

Background





Thursday, December 3, 2009

Your child is probably driving you crazy by singing Christmas songs. We sang/signed this morning, then they sang some more during music class. I brought birthday treats and the kids were amazed that I made them all by myself ?! Students really used their listening ears today to re-tell a story and tell the beginning, middle, and end of a story without pictures.

Thankfully, the weather allowed us to have outdoor recess today. During journal time, I gave students free choice to write about the topic of their choice. Having so much freedom was difficult for many of them. I'm really pushing them to sound out words without my help because they are so capable-just need a little more confidence.

In math, we reviewed ordinal numbers, missing numbers, and growing patterns. Tomorrow Mrs. Swan has a fun 5 senses lesson. Don't forget to send your child with a hidden "smell" object for tomorrow.

No comments: