Pages

Background





Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It was so nice to see so many of you at the music program today. I know it meant a lot to your children to know you were there in the audience. I thought they did a really good job as did Mrs. Summers, the music teacher.

Today we learned about cause and effect. I stated the lesson by blowing up a balloon and holding up a tack. I asked what would happen when I touched the tack to the balloon. They all knew and were cringing in anticipation. We talked about causes and effects, giving examples. Next, we read If You Give a Pig a Pancake. It is a circular story, which ends the same way it began.

Students watched a video before their afternoon performance to help calm them. After the show, they continued work on their fabric wreaths. For math, we read the book Counting Cats and did a worksheet in which students drew lines from groups of objects to the coordinating numeral.

No comments: